Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Sweet Life

I
Love
Being
A
Mom!



I don't think anyone could have ever described the joy that mothers feel. Or the satisfaction to see your child experience something new. Or the sense of accomplishment when you find a new better way to assimilate your child into an active lifestyle.

I accumulated a jogging stroller this week, a garden plot last week, a reservation for a boot camp and a whole lot more distractions from laundry. Plus now that it is feeling more like summer I am already planning our pool time to be quite extravagant since we have one right down the street. I love it!!  Who needs clean folded laundry anyway....

I feel like this next month may be a little hard at the garden since Kaela isn't walking really well and we live in Alabama which is officially home of the largest population of fire ants I had ever hope to meet. That means I won't let her crawl so gardening will have to either (a) be done in short spurts so she doesn't grow to hate the stroller or (b) work with other gardening families with children so she can be entertained. She likes to watch people. That makes errands pleasant even if she is having a grumpy day.

The last few weeks I finally found a great scheduling system for cleaning the house. Seriously it has made my life so much easier. Thanks to Jones Design Company and some great friends who introduced me to their monthly calendar printouts. I honestly don't even know how to sign up for the printouts, I just know that I love them. My friends printed them out for me and brought them over for February and I was hooked. Anyway, it worked great for February and then this week I forgot to take time to fill it out Saturday night and to plan time every day for my chores. I have been out of the house so much with the garden and the stroller and such that I am behind with my chores. I guess the good news is that now that I am I house wife I am my own boss and I am okay with the laundry being a little behind in order to figure out this gardening thing and get rid of our cabin fever we developed the last little bit.

 
Really though. Maybe it's the Vitamin D, maybe it's the endorphins, maybe it's because my daughter is so dang cute, maybe it's the fact she finally fell asleep in my arms today for the first time in weeks, I just can't get enough of being a mom. I highly recommend it. In fact, I wonder if with my next child I can go right to the 9 month old stage....


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet darling baby. I would so love to see her in person and kiss her little face. I love you Lacee Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come kiss her face!! You would love it here and we would treat you real good ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete