Monday, January 9, 2012

Feeding Schedules

I am a student by nature. I love to be learning and I have this innate desire to be well versed at everything that I do. I guess that would be why I took a marriage and family relations class about 3 years before I got married. I knew that was going to be the most important thing in my future and I wanted to make sure that I did it right.

When I was pregnant I researched as much as I could handle and thought I was fully ready to be a mom. I read baby wise (and promptly forgot all of it, maybe not promptly but once I actually had the baby screaming in my arms I seemed to forget everything I had learned). I got a nap schedule down, got her sleeping through the night and figured that I was doing well.

Today she is a little over 7 months old. I returned to my research to make sure that I was feeding her the proper amount and at a recommended schedule. I have been feeding her cereal and vegetables for dinner and bottles for every other meal. Whoops.... apparently she should be having solids 3 times a day AND snacking.... looks like I should be doing research a little more often...


No comments:

Post a Comment