Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Project 365 Kickoff

So I have a confession to make:

Most years I see New Year's resolutions as pointless. In my way of thinking I was sitting down at least monthly or weekly to evaluate my life and my goals and was making goals at that frequency. 
It has been a good long while since I have sat and done that. 

So this year I see New Year's resolutions as a chance to recommit myself to self improvement and I am making a few resolutions. 

  1. To keep a journal every day 
    1. If I blog about my day that counts, otherwise I am using my favorite journal and want to fill it up by the end of the year. Then I will have an excuse to buy a new journal. I love journals! 
  2. To improve my photography skills
    1. Project 365 
    2. Online class in January
    3. Possibly take online course through the Art Institute online... that one's still a maybe 
  3. To improve my relationships 
    1. Not miss sending birthday wishes to a single family member (parents and siblings, I wish I were organized enough for cousins and everything. Maybe after I master sending them to parents and siblings:) )
With all that said, this is where I will be posting my photos for Project 365. I am excited to see if I can improve my skills with shooting manually and doing minor editing. 

So here is the first photo of the year, my gorgeous smiley daughter playing with her Christmas dolly. She has just started cheesing it up for photos and I am loving it!! 



I used Gimp (a free editing software) for this photo. It's still a little over my head, but hopefully this will help me get better at it! 


4 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie! This is my first year I can remember making any resolutions at all so I'm hoping that I get a little bit of beginners luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will do great. It is actually kind of exciting to be making resolutions the same time as everyone else. It's like an automatic support system!

      Delete
  2. welcome to project 365! i love finding others who are doing this who have simliar interests as i do. good luck on the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited to get started, plus it will give me a reminder to do blog posts more often than I have been! :)

      Delete